Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm A Gleek!

It's official. I am severely addicted.



Everyone of us has had that not-so-secret dream of being a star. And we know those dreams culminate or crashes in high school - or at least that's how we felt when we were in high school. Even if I dreamed I canever be in the glee club back in the days. I'm tone deaf. I did join the drama club my senior year, and had those rare monologue moments. And it was exhilarating! I loved it! I tried to relive it by joining community theater groups, but the high I get is never the same.

So much for my recollections.

Being on stage, having my monologues and receiving those critical accolades didn't really help in the popularity part - none that I noticed anyway. I was still a kid whoo was in between. Neither in the popular clique or the degenerates.

Yet that is what I love about this show. It shows all the sentiments, hilarity and desperation of a typical high school life. And not just the students, but the pathetic teachers as well (ahem!)

Plus, I am absolutely in love with one character. Not Finn. And not Will. Not even Rachel or Mercedes (although I would love to be them even for just a day). I'm in love with...

Kurt!



The deadpan attitude. The "every moment is a fashion statement" personality. And those clothes! I love it!

So I am glued to this show for the next four(?) months. And for the next TEN seasons (a fan can dream).

No comments: